Actineon Statement of Warranty
Actineon Warranty Coverage
Actineon warrants that each Product is free from defects in materials and workmanship. Unless Actineon specifies otherwise, these warranties apply only in the country or region in which you purchased the Product.
THESE WARRANTIES ARE ACTINEON’S EXCLUSIVE WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT AND REPLACE ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION (1) OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, PERFORMANCE, SUITABILITY OR NONINFRINGEMENT; (2) RELATING TO ANY THIRD-PARTY PRODUCT OR SOFTWARE; (3) AS TO THE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OPERATION OF A PRODUCT, OR (4) REGARDING THE RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM THE PRODUCT OR SOFTWARE. ACTINEON EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS NOT STATED IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NO WARRANTIES APPLY AFTER EXPIRATION OF THE WARRANTY PERIOD. SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
What The Actineon Warranty Does Not Cover
Actineon’s warranty does not cover any of the following (each a non-warranty event):
- Failure resulting from misuse, abuse, neglect, normal wear and tear, accident, disaster, modification, unsuitable physical or operating environment; or improper installation or maintenance by Customer;
- Any software programs, whether pre-loaded or shipped with the Product, or installed subsequently;
- Servicing not expressly authorized by Actineon in writing;
- Problems caused by using accessories, parts or components not supplied by Actineon;
- Failure caused by a product for which Actineon is not responsible;
- Any non-Actineon products, including those that Actineon may procure and provide with or integrate into a Actineon Product at Customer’s request.
- Products for which Actineon has not received payment in full;
The warranty is voided by any unauthorized repair or modification of the Product, or removal or alteration of identification labels or tamper proof seals on the Product or any of its parts or components.
Actineon does not warrant SSDs against wear out or against disk image corruption.
- The useful life of an SSD is determined by many factors including, but not limited to: the size of the disk chosen for the deployment and the usage pattern of the application. At a Customer’s request Actineon will provide recommendations regarding disk selections and good practices for SSD’s deployments, but SSDs have a practical limit to their useful life (primarily determined by the number of write cycles a particular Flash storage cell can accommodate). It is the sole responsibility of the Customer to choose an SSD and manage that disk’s contents in a way that will result in a service life that is acceptable for the target deployment.
- Actineon will warrant that a disk image, as it leaves the factory, is the disk image mutually agreed upon with a Customer and that Actineon has dutifully replicated and/or installed that image. During deployments there are many sources of potential disk image corruption including, but not limited to: memory leaks, driver corruption, application errors, and improper shutdown of the operating system or application. Therefore, Actineon does not warrant a disk against image corruption during field deployments.
The term of this limited hardware warranty extends for the time period specified in the applicable, fully executed Sales Agreement. The warranty period begins when the Product is delivered to the common carrier.
The warranty period is not extended if Actineon repairs or replaces a warranted product or any of its parts. Actineon may change the provision or term of these limited hardware warranties at its discretion, but any changes will not be retroactive.
ACTINEON’S SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR DEFECTS IN MATERIALS OR WORKMANSHIP IS LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE PRODUCT, OR A PART OR COMPONENT THEREOF, AS DETERMINED BY ACTINEON.
Actineon may replace or repair the product with either new or reconditioned parts, and the product, or part thereof replaced by Actineon becomes Actineon’s property. Actineon reserves the right to replace discontinued products with an equivalent or current generation product.
To return a product to the Actineon factory, Customers must:
- Obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number and include documentation with the returned product.
- Pay shipping charges and assume the risk of damage or loss in transit if product is shipped.
- Pack the returned Product in the original container or one equally suited to protect the product in transit.
Any technical or other support provided for a Product under warranty, such as assistance with “how-to” questions and those regarding Product set-up and installation, is provided WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND.